- CIMS discontinued the program for unavoidable circumstances.
- CIMS decided not to commence the scheduled batch.
- CIMS postponed and informed to the participants, where the participant not willing to wait till the program commences.
- CIMS changed the class schedule for which the participant registered, and participant cannot attend the lectures.
- Participant decided to migrate overseas.
- Participant facing unforeseen financial crisis.
- Participants’ job schedule is clashing with program schedule
- Participant is unable to continue the course due to personal medical reasons of a serious nature, or due to medical reasons of a serious nature of the supporting guardian / parent.
- Death of the participant or the guardian / parent.
- Any payment made to external awarding bodies / Universities / Higher Educational Institutions cannot be refunded, as this is beyond the CIMS.
- A request for a refund of programme fees must be submitted in writing (please use the Refund Request form) by the student and / or the guardian wishing to obtain the refund.
- A refund will be granted according to the categories listed above in the refund policy of CIMS. Any request that is not listed above will be referred to the Board of Management for its consideration and the final decision will be taken by them.
- Refunds (if any) will be made within four to eight weeks upon receiving a completed refund application.
- Refund payments will be made only in Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR)
- Refund payments will be made by cheque and will be made out in the name of the registered student or the relevant guardian. Payments will not be released to third parties.